“Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.”
James Cash Penney
We offer professional, personalised, tailored accountancy solutions designed to go beyond simply saving you money. We’ve grown as our clients have grown and we’ve come to comprehensively understand the many elements of a great relationship between accountant and client. Here’s our insight into what makes up our complete service here at Bells Accountants in Surrey – the non-negotiables, if a successful relationship is to flourish.
As a long-established accountant in Surrey, each member of our team appreciates just how vital communication is. In fact, exceptional communication is just about the most important element of the relationship we have with our clients. Without it, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the bespoke services in the way that we do.
The better we know your business, the clearer a picture we have of your plans, targets and aspirations. We hope to become involved in the day-to-day operation of your business, and with this we’re able to assist you to achieve all that you set out to. Should you be thinking about a vital business move, such as applying for an injection of cash or investing in a sizeable business asset, get in touch. We can provide guidance on whether you should move ahead and, if so, what steps you should take.
You are an expert in your industry and you know your business like the back of your hand. Being so invested within your business – its operations and management – means that you have a laser-precise focus that makes for the perfect match when coupled with outside perspective. With our vast business experience and commercial acumen, we can provide that outside insight that streamlines your finances, capitalises upon opportunity, and identifies risks to be neutralised.
In every sense, we are your business partner – efficient and effective accountants that aren’t known for only touching base briefly once a year, but who are in touch all year round.
Not only are we adept at improving your company, but we can also play an active role in growing it, bringing contacts to you and introducing you to potential new business. Our clients span almost every sector and industry so where we believe that a recommendation can be made between our contacts, with your permission, we’ll make it.
Your business demands a lot from you – your time, energy and focus. In its daily operations, monthly planning and annual strategising, it can be all too easy to overlook critical tax tasks and miss essential deadlines. Ultimately, this can lead to otherwise avoidable penalties. Entrust your accounts to us and never face the possibility of this prospect, then focus on all that you do best: managing your business and planning for the future.
We never stop learning, evolving and reacting to client needs. Should you feel that there are things that we could do better, elements of our service that could be better tailored to your needs, simply feed that back to our team. This proactive approach is just another reason why we’re a leading choice for businesses seeking an accountant in Surrey.
Q: How can I make the most of my accountant?
A: If you are not happy with your current accountant it is very easy to switch to us here at Bells, but whether you use us or another accountant please bear in mind the following:
- Utilise free consultations. Most accountants will provide at least one free consultation to find out about your requirements – make the most of this and ask away.
- Get a second opinion. If you are not 100% confident about any advice you have been given, check it with another professional.
- Find an accountant that you can talk to. Approachability and free communication are key to a good working relationship.
- Prepare for meetings. Ideally write an agenda, but if you don’t have time for that at least note down the questions you would like answered so you don’t forget anything.
- Organise your paperwork. Make sure all the documentation you need to give your accountant is in one place, even if it’s in a shoe box! It speeds everything up considerably when it comes to your year end and saves you time searching for important documents later.
- Brief us properly on questions and ask for further explanation if necessary. When asking us a question make sure you include as much information as possible on your circumstances so that we are fully informed and can advise you as best we can. If you don’t understand the response, ask again for clarification. There is no shame in wanting to fully understand an answer you have been given. After all, we would struggle to do your job so we don’t expect you to know how to do ours, that’s what you pay us for!
- Never be afraid to ask and keep talking to us. Keep us posted as much as you can about your dreams and business aspirations and involve us in as many business decisions as you can. We can only properly advise you if we are aware of what is going on with your business and what direction you are going in. In particular, if you are looking to invest in a major new asset or take on a new member of staff, there are good and bad times to do this, so let us help you decide whether now is the right time.
Q: Do I need an accountant or a bookkeeper?
It is not a legal requirement for an accountant or bookkeeper to file any of your statutory documents, but when considering doing it yourself we would ask you to think about the following:
- Recognise your strengths and focus on what makes you money.
- Understand that the limitations to your knowledge will cost you money in both the lost value of your time and in actual tax paid.
- Remember that accountancy fees are tax deductible.